Being an Entrepreneur

The word Entrepreneur (according the dictionary) means "a person who organizes and manages any enterprise, esp. a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk."

Now looking at the description the words that catch me the most are "Initiative" and "Risk".

Being an entrepreneur is not always as easy as it sounds. Normally when I reveal that I'm working for myself the first respose that I get is - "so you can sleep late and play golf every second day". Yeah right, come have a piece of my day. I hardly get time to play golf. I work longer hours then normal 9-to-5-ers and the amount of stress is just incredible.

If you asked me I would say that the most unsatisfied boss in the world is being your own boss. There is just always something to do... and ofcourse, if I don't do it myself, who else will.

The stress that is related to beeing a entrepreneur has also got nothing to do with workload. It's all the other stuff that comes with the job. Stuff like, paying the bills, collecting money from your clients and always to be ontop of your game.

What about motivation? To keep yourself motivated is another trick. You need to have the drive to do all the work and also enjoying it - otherwise you can just as well sleep late.

Have a look at this article - It pretty much says it all...

The Realities of being an Entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment